These string adapters will allow you to use any standard single-ball string. Any brand. Any gauge. Roundwound or flatwound. Now you can take advantage of the much larger selection and variety of standard single-ball strings. Steinberger string adapter images
For all headless guitars including:
These string adapters are professionally made to the highest standards and work perfectly on both right and left handed instruments. Engineered to eliminate the "stripped thread" problems common on other string adapters. Using only the finest materials, they are milled on all sides from either solid alloy 6061 Aluminum or solid alloy 360 Brass, with alloy 18-8 Stainless Steel set screws on all models. Easily installs in minutes. No drilling or screwing. Will not damage your instrument in any way. String adapters come complete with detailed installation instructions and premium ball-point wrench. Click here for generic string adapter installation instructions
HOW TO ORDER
(1) First choose your model.
- 4-string bass 1-1/2" (38mm).......fits Steinberger (Newburgh-era, Spirit, USA) -- Hohner -- Cort
- 5-string bass 1-1/2" (38mm).......fits earlier Steinberger Newburgh-era L2 with narrow nut or conversion kit
- 5-string bass 1-3/4" (45mm).......fits later Steinberger (Newburgh-era, Spirit, USA) -- Hohner -- Cort
- 6-string guitar 1-5/8" (41mm)......fits Steinberger (Newburgh-era, Spirit, USA) -- Hohner -- Cort
(2) Then choose your material.
- Aluminum..... silver colored lightweight metal won't change tonal balance of your instrument.
- Brass........... gold colored heavyweight metal which some folks say adds to sustain.
Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need help and/or advice in making your selections.